New for Spring 2021!
Online Photography Education
Learn and explore Basic Digital Photography with professional photographer and educator Matt Lit.
Matt has been teaching the gift of photography for 25 years and COVID can’t stop him from teaching and inspiring you.
Lessons can be what ever you want them to be…from a full multi-week course covering a range of topics to a course tailored to your specific needs. A mix of online meetings, critiques and photography assignments will help you arrive at your photography goals!
Learning fees vary based upon your needs. Please CLICK the registration button and share your goals.
Register now and save $50 on your entire course!Photography EDU Registration
Basic Digital Photography topics covered:
- Basic Camera layout & menus
- Aperture & Shutter as Creative Controls
- F-stop & Shutter as Exposure Controls
- Exposure meters, Zone System, Histogram
- Inside the Digital Camera
Vision & Seeing topics covered:
- Compositional guidelines & the math behind the beauty
- Adapting your vision & Seeing how the camera sees
- Focal length to capture your vision
- Getting it right IN the camera, not fixing it in Photoshop
- Seeing light & learning to meter to capture what you see
- Metering, the Zone System & your Histogram
- What’s the difference?
- Which program is right for me?
- Basics of Workflow
- Digital Asset Management
Camera Equipment needed
D-SLR, mirrorless or compact capable of:
- Manual Exposure
- Display of Histogram
- Memory cards (SD Cards)
Feel free to contact me for help choosing a camera.
Computer Equipment needed
- External Hard Drives
- recommended: (2) drives
- 1 – 1 TB and 1 – 2 or 3 TB for backups.
- recommended: (2) drives
- Laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Visit Adobe.com for the CC Photography Plan
- USB Drive with my Basic Digital Photography PowerPoint presentation, helpful PDF guides and more!
- Printed Syllabus detailing class topics
“Even though I missed the first couple of classes, Matt made me feel welcome and made sure that I didn’t miss any material. Matt is always willing to answer questions, in class and outside of class, and is so enthusiastic about photography.”
“It was fantastic to get together once a week with a group of people who also wanted to learn more about photography (and it was totally fine, even helpful, that we all were at different levels…). Dedicating a couple hours once a week is the best way to learn and to practice.”
“Matt has helped me learn the basics of shooting – shutter speed, lighting, aperture, depth of field, ISO and RAW. He has taught us how to store our photos and how to edit them. All of this has helped me understand my camera quite a bit more.”
“Matt has so much experience, enthusiasm and knowledge about photography. The class is a bargain price – well worth the cost! The Power Point presentation alone is invaluable. I highly recommend this class!”
Fill out the registration form and Matt will be in contact with you.Photography EDU Registration