Learn Digital Photography the right way!
I teach every semester at Colorado Mountain College in Breckenridge and online for CMC’s Isaacson School For New Media. My approach starts with why you’re picking up an advanced camera in the first place! Taught in an order that makes sense I guide you through the process with proven success. Many of my students have gone on to shoot professionally (I continue to mentor them!) or to enhance their own personal photography vision.
He has taught at CMC since 1995 including:
- Basic Digital Photography (state code: ART139)
- Documentary Approach to Photographing People
- Basic Photography ~ Film
- Advanced Photography ~ Film
- Multi-media Graphic Design
RT139 Basic Digital Photography ~ Course Overview
- Basic Camera layout & menus
- Aperture & Shutter as Creative Controls
- F-stop & Shutter as Exposure Controls
- Exposure meters, Zone System, Histogram
- Composition & the Math behind the beauty
- Digital Asset Management
- Inside the Digital Camera
- Basics of Adobe Bridge, Photoshop & Lightroom
- Creative Photoshop Techniques
Course features a number of video tutorials, Powerpoint outline and other digital learning materials.
ART139 Basic Digital Photography ~ What you need
- Digital camera able to shoot in Manual Exposure Mode, capture RAW file format and display Histogram. Not sure? Call Matt!
- Memory cards (more than one recommended…recommend: Lexar or Sandisk)
- USB thumb drives (one or two at least 16GB)
- (2) 1 TB external hard drives (MUST HAVE)
CAMERA INFORMATION: YOU CAN NOT USE A CELL PHONE CAMERA FOR THIS COURSE!
- D-SLR, Mirroless or Compact capable of settings
COMPARE CAMERAS: DPreview.com: Buying a Mirrorless CameraLearn More
~ ONLINE ~
ART139 Digital Photography
100% Online Course
SELF-PACED w/ weekly critique & deadlines
ART-139-DS21 (23216) Digital Photography I
1/13/2020 – 5/01/2020
Student Gallery SlideshowStudent Gallery